Thursday, December 22, 2011

Question about medication withdrawal?

Is it easier to come off an anti-depressant if you're withdrawing from a low dose (say 75 mg) than if you were withdrawing from a high dose (say 300 mg)? I'm currently on Effexor XR and obviously I'll want to slowly be taken off of it rather than go cold turkey getting all kinds of weird and discomforting symptoms. I like where I'm at right now as far as dosage is concerned however I'm also taking Abilify 20 mg in conjunction with Effexor. I'd like to stay with what I have because I feel pretty good at 75 mg and I think 150 or higher would kind of beoverdoing it for me (why are there such huge jumps in the dosages?) Anyway that's my question(s), help is much appreciated and thanks for your time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment